To update and modernize your kitchen, or make a dramatic design statement, a modern range hood is just the thing. Once thought of as appliances, today’s hood installations enhance any kitchen design. There are models that blend into the cabinetry and are hardly noticed, and others that stand out as a focal point in the new kitchen. Available in dozens of shapes, sizes and finishes, there’s one that’s perfect for your Madison WI area home.
The range hood plays an important role in the kitchen. It removes odors, smoke and particles from the air as you cook. An efficient modern installation literally cleans the air. Depending upon the style that fits your kitchen design it also:
- Provides lighting above vital work areas for cooking, making the stove area safer
- Reduces risk of carbon monoxide building up around the stove (especially gas ranges)
- Cools the cooking area by removing hot air
- Keep smoke detectors from sounding if cooking creates a little smoke
- Increase property values – enhancing resale
There’s One For Your Kitchen Design
Your choices go way beyond color and size. Today’s options fit any kitchen décor. Kitchen remodels often center on a dramatic new installation.
Consider these dynamic options:
- Basic under-cabinet hoods – the most common, they’re affordable and fit most kitchen renovations. Installed above the stove they protect the cabnetry. Basic styles are functional without attracting attention. Some vent air outdoors while others recirculate air – outdoor ducted installations are more efficient but cost more and are more difficult to install.
- Wall-mounted models – when there’s no cabinetry above the cooking surface a wall-mounted vent system is required. Wall mounts are available in decorative styles to complement any kitchen renovation goal. Many of these robust units resemble a traditional chimney and are ideal for rustic, country kitchen and Tuscan-styles.
- Above the kitchen island – a cooking surface built into a kitchen island calls for a special free-hanging vent system. Suspended above the island it vents air through ducts in the ceiling. The many styles, shapes and materials to blend performance with decorating.
- Unique downdraft versions – not really a hood these installations draw air down and away from the cooking area. Smoke and hot air is vented beneath the floor. These are the least efficient designs – hot air and smoke naturally goes up. An option when the stove element is in a kitchen island and the homeowners doesn’t want anything to obscure the overall view or when ducts in the ceiling aren’t practical.
The Modern Range Hood – A Wise Investment
The 21st century kitchen is the hub of family activities and with the continuing trend toward a totally open floor plan one area must transition easily to another. An efficient range hood not only keeps the home cleaner and smelling fresher, it makes it safer. Combining the latest technology with hot new design trends, this basic element makes a strong personal statement, too.
- Efficient Lighting – various shapes and styles of lighting including the latest LED options.
- Heat Sensing – built-in sensors automatically turn on the fan when temperatures under the hood reach preset levels.
- Auto Shutoff – sensors turn off the fan when the temperature returns to a cooler level, or after a predetermined time.
- Highly Sensitive Filters – ductless venting hoods feature sensitive filters to trap particles so they don’t recirculate into the room.
- Filter Monitors – new ductless above range systems have a filter indicator light alerting you to clean or replace filters.
Your Remodeling Contractor Builds Trust
A reliable experienced contractor builds trust with every client. The ultimate success of any home improvement begins with a solid plan and a knowledgeable team.
Sims Exteriors and Remodeling is in tune with the latest kitchen design trends and excels in the remodeling process. Call us at 608-825-4500, or email us to find the hottest new products, including the range hood that’s perfect for your Madison home.